This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Okay, so topping chicken with pesto is always a great idea to add some flavor and pizzaz to your everyday grilled or seared chicken. I don’t think we need to do a blog post about that as it’s a little obvious; however, what if you STUFFED your chicken with the pesto and then proceeded to wrap it with proscuitto…um, hell yes! These Pesto Stuffed & Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts are absolutely delicious and absolutely easy as can be to whip up. Chicken breasts never tasted so good!
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4-1/2 cup Lemon-Basil Pesto
- 4-6 slices of thinly sliced Proscuitto
- Pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put your chicken breast on a cutting board and, with your hand flat on top of it, use a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end and ending at the thin point. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Open up your chicken breast for stuffing. Spoon desired amount of pesto into the center of the butterflied chicken breast and spread it so it is evenly coated. Then, fold your chicken back over.
- Wrap 2-3 slices of proscuitto around each chicken breast (depending on how large your chicken breasts are, I used 3 slices on each of my breasts). You don't need to secure your wrapped chicken with toothpicks, but if you think it needs it go for it. I just pressed mine tightly to the chicken and it cooked and stayed together just fine!
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the bottom of an oven safe dish. Carefully place the wrapped chicken breasts on the greased dish and tuck the wrapped proscuitto neatly underneath the chicken if it fell apart at all.
- Lightly drizzle a little more olive oil over the tops of wrapped chicken breasts. Season lightly with pepper (there is plenty of salty-ness from the proscuitto so no salt needed).
- Place chicken in preheated oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and proscuitto is crisp, about 30-35 minutes.