This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I have stuffed a lot of stuff in my sweet potatoes before but NEVER have I enjoyed it as much as this Pesto Baked Sweet Potatoes concoction!! Pesto + Baked Sweet Potato = LOVE! This one is legendary in my book, you guys have to give these Pesto Baked Sweet Potatoes a try!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Lemon-Basil Pesto
- 1 tsp. ghee (you can use butter if you aren't Whole30)
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a fork, pierce sweet potato skin 6-8 times.
- Rub 1 tsp olive oil all over potato so that it is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, 45 minutes-1 hour.
- Remove sweet potato from the oven and let it cool enough so that you can work with it. Cut a slit into the top of the sweet potato and open it up. Using a fork, fluff potato inside.
- Add 1 tsp. ghee (or butter) and 1 tbsp. of pesto. Fluff until well combined.
- Season to taste with a little salt and pepper, and if your into a little spice add a little crushed red pepper like I did.