This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here is a fun recipe to sweeten up your morning routine, Paleo Protein Waffles! The perfect amount of sweetness but packed with protein for a breakfast everyone will enjoy.
These waffles are super easy to make and made with grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients! I also sneak in some of my favorite Collagen Protein powder to add extra protein to the waffles and add an additional vanilla flavor! (You can use my discount code ‘THEDEFINEDDISH’ when shopping Rootz products for 20% off!) Each scoop of the collagen powder adds an additional 15 grams of collagen and plant protein, which I love adding to smoothies and paleo baked goods!
What I really like to do is make a batch of these (it makes 12 waffles) and freeze them for easy, grab-and-go breakfasts! Here is how I freeze mine:
- Place the waffles on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet into the freezer until the waffles are fully frozen, for about 2 hours.
- Once the waffles are frozen, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container.
These makes busy school mornings a breeze and my kiddos LOVE them!
I hope you add these Paleo Protein Waffles to your morning routine!
Paleo Protein Waffles
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 cup super-fine Almond Flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup Rootz Vanilla Collagen Powder *use Code 'THEDEFINEDDISH' for 20%
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients and set aside to let rest at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and stir until well combine, breaking up any clumps.
- Add half of the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until well combined. Add the remaining wet mixture and continue stirring until well combined and there are no longer any clumps. Set aside and let rest while you preheat your waffle iron, this will allow the mixture to slightly thicken. (here is when you can add the chocolate chips, if you'd like!)
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium-low heat.
- When the waffle iron is hot, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter and cook according to your waffle irons instructions. (I have an All-clad 4-square waffle iron and i pour about 1 1/4 cup of the batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 minutes).
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup, or anything you'd like! 🙂 enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.