Y’all already know baking isn’t really my thing. So I love following bloggers that it IS their thing. I recently made Ambitious Kitchen’s Almond Butter Blondies and I have, no joke, made them about 6 times in the last month. I love eating them, yes, but they are also a fun treat to share with friends and family. They are seriously amazing. I highly recommend you try making them soon to see where the idea for these Paleo Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bars came from.
Anywho, I’ve taken elements of Monique’s blondie recipe and transformed it into a refreshing blueberry-lemon breakfast bar. They are a little less sweet, a little tart, and the fresh blueberries give it a nice “breakfast-like” touch. My kids love them, and I absolutely love them with a hot cup of coffee. yum.
One thing I love to do is make a big batch (or two) of these Paleo Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bars and let them cool completely. I then cut them into squares and individually wrap them in saran wrap and pop them in the freezer. They are great for on the go in the morning and they thaw really quickly and are great served cold.
Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp lemon, finely zested (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment and spray to nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, add the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Using a stand up mixer or hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add the blueberries and gently fold in to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and gently spread the mixture so that is evenly distributed in the dish.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake about 20-25 minutes, or until the mxi is just cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean when placed in the center of the bars. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into 12 large squares.