This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Okay, it’s finally here… and it took me quite a few tries to get it right! One-Pot Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff! Just like we used to eat in the 90’s right out of the Hamburger Helper box but now homemade and quite frankly? Just as easy and even more delicious!
No, it’s not dairy-free or grain-free, but it’s certainly a cleaner version of our childhood favorite! This One-Pot Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff is perfect for some fall comfort food that the entire family will devour and I just know that you all are going to love this one!
If you’ve never made my classic “One Pot Hamburger Helper“, this is a new festive take on it, and I hope you all just love it!
One-Pot Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 lb ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 8 oz light sour cream
- 2-3 springs of fresh thyme, leaves only for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ground beef. Brown the beef, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. [If you feel like there is too much excess fat, drain off but reserve about 2 tablespoons of the fat to saute the mushrooms in.]
- Add the dijon mustard and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until well-combined and when the mushrooms have soaked up some of the excess fat and are softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then, add the uncooked wide egg noodles, beef broth and white wine vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until noodles are tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the sour cream. Taste and add more salt, if desired. Garnish with thyme, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.