One of my most absolute favorite restaurants in Dallas is The GEM Juicebar. It’s truly is a ‘gem’ of a place with delicious, wholesome, and organic smoothies, juices, soups, bites, and more! I am a total regular there, stopping by to get all sorts of goodies all the time when I am in a rush or just wanting to treat myself. One of my favorite things to grab and go is their MVP Soup (Mushroom Veggie Power) — filled with mushrooms and veggies, it sounds boring but it’s absolutely full of flavor and delicious. It’s also the perfect thing to eat after a crazy vacation or weekend of overindulging (hello, holiday season)! It’s easy on the digestive system and packed full of nourishing veggies. ahh.
I also recently discovered Nom Nom Paleo’s “Magic Mushroom Powder” and my life is forever changed. Talk about a total flavor booster!! She has the recipe on her blog, or you can be lazy like me and buy it at your local Whole Foods Market! It adds a serious savory flavor to dishes that will rock your world. I can’t recommend it enough! It’s taken this healthy, simple MVP Soup (Mushroom Veggie Power) to the next level.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 medium size yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower (or 1 small head), cut into florets
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 6 cups bone broth (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach, packed
- 4 teaspoons Nom Nom Paleo Magic Mushroom Powder (*see note)
- Heat oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper and saute until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and mushrooms and saute for a few minutes so that they develop a little more flavor, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cover and cook until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach and mushroom powder.
- Using an immersion blender or carefully transfering cooled soup to a blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with a little extra mushroom powder and enjoy!