This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Who reading this is straight-up sick of a boring old Grilled Chicken Salad? Have no fear, this Lemon-Basil Aioli is here to vamp up your boring grilled chicken salad and so much more! Top off your bunless burger with this. Dip your roasted sweet potato fries in it. I also love dipping super crispy roasted brussels sprouts in it or even steamed artichokes. Regardless of what you’re using it for, this Lemon-Basil Aioli is sure to make your meal a better one. Not to mention, it only takes 10 quick minutes to whip up! Enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup safflower seed oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp. loosely chopped fresh basil
- Fill a small cup or bowl with hot water (just as hot as your tap water can get). Place egg (uncracked) in the bowl for 3 minutes so that it will get to room temp.
- In a food processor or blender, crack the egg. add 1/4 cup of safflower seed oil. pulse until blended.
- Now, turn your food processor on and while it is running, slowly drizzle the remaining 3/4 cup of safflower seed oil, like pour as slowly as you possibly can. This will take about 2-3 minutes to drizzle it all in.
- Now it should look like a mayo base. Add in the remaining ingredients (lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, garlic, salt and pepper). Blend until everything is well blended.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I served mine with a bed of arugula, some grilled chicken, with sliced red onions and cherry tomatoes.
- This is also great addition to burgers (or bunless burgers).
- I also love to dip super crispy roasted brussels sprouts in it or steamed artichokes!