Y’all know I love a good stir-fry. I just love being able to throw a bunch of ingredients in a skillet with delicious aromatics and sauces and you have dinner on the table in no time! This Chicken and Kimchi Stir Fry is one of those weeknight meals that really couldn’t get any easier and I absolutely LOVE IT.
I am such a fan of Kimchi, or Korean-style fermented cabbage and radishes. I adore it for it’s sour, spicy, umami flavors on top of any dish. One of my favorite ways to enjoy kimchi is on my Korean-Inspired Whole30 Beef Bulgogi Lettuce Cups. They add such a tangy zing on top of the delicious beef and it’s one of my favorite summer-time dishes. The other day I had a craving for kimchi and thought, huh. I am just going to toss it into a quick and easy chicken stir fry. Good call, Alex.
Kimchi is also accredited for its health benefits and was recently deemed one of the “World’s Healthiest Foods” by Health Magazine. It’s not only high in fiber but it’s also rich in vitamins such as A, B, and C. But it’s most popular for its gut-healthy bacterias that are known for fighting off infections and boosting immunities!
This Chicken and Kimchi Stir Fry requires minimal ingredients and comes together in just 20 minutes for an unbelievable dinner that you just can’t stop eating!
Kimchi and Chicken Korean Stir Fry
For the Kimchi and Chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup store-bought kimchi I like Wildbrine brand
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- cauliflower rice, for serving
- toasted sesame seeds, for serving
For the Kimchi and Chicken:
- Place chicken on a cutting board and cover with a piece of saran wrap. Pound chicken until it is uniform 1/4 inch thick (this helps tenderize the meat and really makes for a better stir fry!). Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Season chicken with salt, pepper and arrowroot flour.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with avocado oil. Swirl the pan so that the oil coats the bottom of the skillet evenly. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add chicken to skillet in a even layer (you may need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your skillet). Cook chicken until a golden brown crust has formed on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Once the chicken has browned, add the toasted sesame oil and gently toss to combine. Add the green onions, the kimchi (some of the juices are ok too) and coconut aminos to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook, tossing occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice (if desired) and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!