I absolutely love how fresh this Israeli Salad is. It goes great with anything grilled, especially grilled chicken or shrimp skewers! The crunch, the fresh flavors, the everything- — Mediterranean food for the win! Yum!!
If you enjoy this Israeli Salad, try my Mediterranean Israeli Couscous Salad!
- 6 persian cucumbers
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley (loosely packed)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Slice cucumbers, lengthwise, into 8 spears. Now cut crosswise so that it is diced small. Place in a large bowl.
- Dice the tomato into pieces the same size as the cucumber and place in the bowl, also.
- Dice the red onion very finely, place in bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley, place in bowl.
- Drizzle all contents in the bowl with the olive oil, gently toss to coat. Additionally, pour in the lemon juice, toss once more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you cannot find persian cucumbers, use an english cucumber. Do not use a regular cucumber as the thicker skin on it is quite bitter.