I absolutely love how fresh this Israeli Salad is. Israeli salad is a chopped salad of finely diced tomato, onion, cucumber, and bell or chili peppers. It is one of the most well-known national dishes of Israel, and is a standard accompaniment to most Israeli meals.
I love making Isreali Salad when it gets warmer outside. It goes great with anything grilled, especially grilled chicken or shrimp skewers! The crunch, the fresh flavors, the everything– it’s just perfect.
If you enjoy this Israeli Salad, try my Mediterranean Israeli Couscous Salad!
Write a review
- 6 persian cucumbers
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley (loosely packed)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Slice cucumbers, lengthwise, into 8 spears. Now cut crosswise so that it is diced small. Place in a large bowl.
- Dice the tomato into pieces the same size as the cucumber and place in the bowl, also.
- Dice the red onion very finely, place in bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley, place in bowl.
- Drizzle all contents in the bowl with the olive oil, gently toss to coat. Additionally, pour in the lemon juice, toss once more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you cannot find persian cucumbers, use an english cucumber. Do not use a regular cucumber as the thicker skin on it is quite bitter.
The Defined Dish https://thedefineddish.com/
KatherineJanuary 26, 2023 at 10:22 pm
Oldie but a goodie. this is still my go-to whenever i need some veggies in my life year-round & during the summer for an outside snack when it’s hot! So refreshing and great flavor.