This Grilled Greek Steak recipe is such a good go-to! Easy to whip up and oh-so flavorful, it’s bound to be a fan favorite on your table.
The inspiration for this Greek Grilled Steak dish came from my favorite local Greek restaurant, Platia Greek Kouzina, where they serve their delicious Brizola Steak, their Greek-style skirt steak seasoned with oregano and lemon, flame-broiled and served sizzling!
I love this simple yet delicious steak recipe because it pairs well with just about anything! I love serving it with grilled potatoes and asparagus and a delicious summer-tomato salad or Greek Salad! You can also amp up the flavors by making some Tzatziki sauce Yum!
SHOP MY FAVORITE GRILLING ITEMS HERE:
Greek Grilled Steaks
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pounds flap or skirt steak each steak is typically ~ 1 pound each
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon cut in half for serving
- In a large platter or bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano.
- Using a meat mallet, tenderize the steak by pounding 15-20 times on each side all over. (this is not necessary, but helps create a more tender steak and helps the marinade better seep into the meat).
- Place the tenderized steaks into the marinade and flip back and forth in the marinade to evenly coat. Then, season both sides of the meat with the kosher salt and pepper. Cover and let marinade for at a minimum 20- 30 minutes at room temperature, or for 4 to 6 hours in the fridge.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat (375- 400 degrees F) and oil the grill grates (to do this, dip a wadded paper towel in a little oil and, using tongs, wipe the oil evenly over the grate. Be careful not to use too much oil, because that's a sure fire way to start a good flare-up—a little goes a long way here.)
- Carefully place the steaks on the hot grill and cook until the pieces turn golden and grill marks appear, about 5 minutes per side. The lid should be closed throughout the cooking process. Add the last few minutes of the cooking time, place the lemons, flesh side down, until it softens and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Squeeze lemon over the top and enjoy!
BonnieSeptember 7, 2022 at 5:47 pm
I LOVE Platia’s Brizola salad (which has this steak on top) and can’t wait to try this. Do you also have a Greek dressing that mimics theirs? It’s my absolute favorite!!! Thanks!
AlexSeptember 15, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Oh I loveeee their dressing– will have to play with that one to try and mimic it!
Erin DubsAugust 30, 2022 at 6:08 pm
Super yummy! We used ranch steaks and they turned out great!
FeJune 23, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Made it last night! Bf and I were shocked at how delicious and easy it was to make. Will 100% be making again and trying it out with chicken also
DeAneJune 16, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Made these and everyone loved them!
ChristinaJune 9, 2021 at 1:07 am
Made this tonight, it was so good! Even my 3 year old went crazy for it!
DebiMay 28, 2021 at 4:34 pm
This was fantastic. My husband kept commenting how great it was so it will be in full rotation!
J LyonsMay 24, 2021 at 2:59 am
Really good! And the Greek element is perfect. Olive oil~oregano~garlic~lemon. No marinade better!