Here is another super fun, absolutely delicious way to repurpose and use your store-bought rotisserie chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken– an Easy Greek-Inspired Rotisserie Chicken Bowls!
Bowls are always a simple way to pack a lot of flavor into a meal and very quickly either with fresh veggies, pantry staples — or both — and your favorite protein. In this case, these Easy Greek-Inspired Rotisserie Chicken Bowls were inspired by a Greek Shawarma. In the recipe, I have spiced up shredded rotisserie chicken with some delicious, warm spices that really add some excitement to the rotisserie chicken. I then add it to a bowl that is filled with a brown-rice base with some fresh veggies like lettuce, tomato, onion, then kalamata olives for brine-y, salty bite. The best part? It is all topped off with an easy, oh-so-flavorful Tzatziki sauce and feta cheese — yum!
This simple recipe is one that I know you will all love and whip up for many dinners to come. Enjoy!
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Greek Bowls
For the Tzatziki
- 7 ounces plain greek yogurt preferably 2% or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced Persian (or mini cucumber)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill fronds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt plus more to taste
- ½ tsp white pepper
For the Chicken
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken About 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Bowls
- 1 cup cooked brown rice *I use the easy microwavable rice baggies from Trader Joes to save time!
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce *Sub arugula or any preferred greens
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Prepare the Tzatziki
- In a bowl, combine all of the tzatziki ingredients and stir until well combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
Prepare the Chicken
- Heat skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add the chicken, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Heat until the chicken is well coated and just warmed through; about 3-4 minutes.
Assemble the Bowls
- Divide the brown rice and chicken amongst four bowls and top with the preferred toppings and tzatziki.
Need some other easy recipes that use rotisserie chicken? Here are some of my favorites that you are going to need to try: