This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A good quiche is one of my favorite things in life. Buttery, flakey pie crust filled with savory deliciousness inside — and this Gluten-Free Ham and Cheese Quiche is just that. It’s the perfect thing to make for a lovely dressed-up weekend or celebratory brunch.
With more time on my hands lately, I thought it would be fun to try out a Gluten-Free Ham and Cheese Quiche. After a few tries, it turned out perfect. The crust is absolutely delicious and the filling — savory and silky. My entire family devoured the whole thing which always makes me so very happy.
A few quiche-making tips are bolded in the recipe below. Be sure to follow those! No matter what, this quiche will turn out great. But just keep in mind, if it’s your first time making quiche, it just gets better every time you make it!!! You’ll be a quiche making expert in no time.
Need more breakfast inspiration? Check out this round-up for a variety of breakfast ideas!
Gluten-Free Crusted Quiche
For the Pie Crust:
- 1 + 1/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5-6 tbsp cool water
For the Filling:
- non stick cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 + 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese I used sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup ham, diced
Make the Pie Dough:
- In the food processor or stand mixer (with paddle attachment), combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse or mix for a few seconds.
- Dice up the stick of butter into small pieces are add to the flour mix. Mix or pulse until the butter is incorporated into the flour and is about the size of peas, about 10 seconds.
- Add the cool water, and mix until the dough just comes together. Start off with just 4 tbsp cold water, if the dough is dry, add 1-2 tbsp more cold water. **Always keep the dough cold and try not to overwork the dough to ensure the crust stays nice and flaky.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Make the Quiche:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and cheese until well combined and frothy.
- Lightly spray a pie plate/pan with non-stick cooking spray. Roll out the pie dough to 12 inches in diameter and fit in a pie plate. Don't worry about making it perfect here, wet fingertips can fix the imperfections in the crust and you can press it into the mold so that the bottom of the pie plate is covered, and the sides are about 1 inch tall.
- Pour the filling into the pie dough. Sprinkle the cubed ham into the quiche. Bake, uncovered, until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. **You want your eggs to be set; however, you want it to have a bit of a wobble to it as it comes out of the oven. It continues to cook and set as it rests-- and the wobble will ensure it has a silky, not rubbery, texture.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.