We all know by now I am not a huge baker. Never had a knack for it and as much as I try– I just can’t get into it. I do love dessert though– and one day I hope to pick it up a little more, but for now I’ll stick with semi-homemade recipes like these Easy Paleo Protein Brownie Bites.
Until then, I’ll be making really great semi-homemade desserts. You know– the kind where you buy the boxed stuff and just spruce it up a tad to make yourself feel like an all-star? Yeah. No shame in that!
These Easy Paleo Protein Brownie Bites are just that– an absolutely delicious semi-homemade treat that I know you guys will just love so much! It’s merely a combination of Simple Mills Almond Flour Brownie Mix + my favorite Rootz Nutrition Chocolate Collagen Superfood Powder. That, with a few other ingredients, makes for a great treat with more protein sneakily packed into it. Which I love for not only my kiddos, but for myself, too!!
Easy Paleo Protein Brownie Bites
- avocado oil spray
- 1/2 cup coconut oil *you can use liquid coconut oil OR you can melt coconut oil and let it cool before adding to the mix
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 box Simple Mills Brownie Mix
- 2 scoops Rootz Chocolate Collagen Superfood *you can use the code 'THEDEFINEDDISH' for 20% Rootz Products!
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 24-count mini cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and water.
- Whisk in the 2 large eggs, until well combined and frothy.
- Add the brownie mix, chocolate collagen powder and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, carefully drop about 1 - 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture into the pan.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool until remove from the pan. When they have cooled, the easiest way to remove the brownie bites is by using a small spoon to gently release the brownie bites from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!! So easy and such a treat!