This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you followed along on Instagram, I recently visited Miraval Austin Resort with one of my best friends from college. We had so much fun catching up, spending quality time together, living the spa life all while enjoying health-focused foods and activities. It was a dream, complete with this Cucumber-Basil Gazpacho.
During our visit, the chef’s made us a delicious gazpacho that I just devoured. Upon arriving back home, it was the first thing on my to-do list to attempt to recreate in my own kitchen.
I absolutely love the way this Cucumber-Basil Gazpacho turned out. It’s got a bright and refreshing note from the cucumber, wonderful aromatics thanks to the scallion and basil, a touch of heat from the cayenne and garlic, and a creaminess thanks to the avocado. A total summer-time win!
For another gazpacho, try my Summer Gazpacho!
- 2 medium cucumbers, skin on, seeds removed (I use a sharp spoon or edge of a peeler to remove the seeds)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup green onions, cut into 2 inch chunks (about 2 onions)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- In a high power blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
- Optional: I finished the soup with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a crack of black pepper, a few sliced green onions and some fresh basil leaves.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.