Everybody loves a good crockpot meal and let me tell you, THIS is a great crockpot meal. I mean, who doesn’t like Chicken Teriyaki? My 2 year old neice loves it, that means any meat eating person loves it! I had seen various crockpot chicken teriyaki meals via pinterest and figured I would give it a go and change up some of the ingredients to make it as healthy as possible. It turned out PERFECT. A lot of recipes on pinterest say not to add the cornstarch until after it is cooked but I disagree! Go ahead and throw it in there and it thickens the sauce as it cooks! Now, go ahead and try this meal as soon as you possibly can at home and you can thank us later!
Serving Suggestion: Place over a bed of quinoa, brown rice or even our quinoa fried rice! I also steamed some broccoli which only took 10 minutes and adds some color, crunchiness and nutrients of course! Top it off with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. ENJOY!
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup non GMO cornstarch (I found mine at whole foods, it was Repunzel brand)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Optional toppings: green onion and toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place chicken in crock pot.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in bowl and stir together.
- Place over chicken and set on low for 3-5 hours (mine took 4 hours).
- When the chicken is tender and easily falls apart, slice it apart slightly or to desired liking.