Whenever I am doing a Whole30 and want to eat something (like enchiladas in this case) I always find a way to get my fix. One of the best ways around it is to make it into a “bowl.” And these are delicious Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Bowls.
There is nothing like a big bowl filled with all of the goods to satisfy you for dinner. In fact, this enchilada bowl is so dang good, it might actually be better than these enchiladas! Actually, it’s probably a tie…but you get what I’m saying. It’s good.
I sometimes like to stuff poblano peppers enchilada style; however, in this case, there was already plenty of heat from the chipotle enchilada sauce that I decided to just make them into delicious bowls. Which I also find perfect for summer!!
Cinco de Mayo is Friday and if you’re doing Whole30, try setting up an “Enchilada bowl” bar with these Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Bowls if you’re entertaining. Make a beautiful arrangement of things people could add to their bowl and let them fix their own. Fun!!
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 3-4 tbsp. of Homemade Chipotle Enchilada Sauce
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (I use 1 bag of Trader Joe's Frozen Cauliflower Rice)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat. When hot, add the riced cauliflower and saute for about 2 minutes and be sure to season with salt and pepper. Add in 1/4 cup of broth and reduce eat to medium-low, cover and let steam for about 4 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat in a skillet (preferably cast iron). Add the chicken and spread it out in a single layer, let it cook on one side for about 2 minutes, and let it crisp up a bit. Add desired amount of the enchilada sauce and toss to coat. Continue to saute for 2 more minutes. Add salt, if desired.
- Place cooked cauliflower rice in the bottom of the bowl. Add the chicken and assembly the remaining ingredients all around the bowl: the radishes, spinach, guacamole, and diced mango. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve with a wedge of lime!