This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Growing up in Texas, homegrown okra and tomatoes were always a staple in the summertime and something that my family ate copious amounts of. I absolutely LOVE okra. If you didn’t grow up in the South, okra probably wasn’t on your family dinner menu ever but I am sure you’ve at least had it in Gumbo or deep-fried, am I right? Although both of those ways are absolutely delicious, it’s also super simple to oven roast okra and get it super crispy and delicious. Which is what I did with these Cajun Oven-Roasted Okra Fries with Lemon-Garlic Aioli.
Because it’s summer and okra is on the shelf everywhere in Texas, I knew I needed a new okra recipe. Okra and cajun food go hand and hand so I thought what better way to marry the two (once again) and make Crispy Oven-Baked Cajun Okra Fries. Yes. Yes. Yes.
These Cajun Oven-Roasted Okra Fries with Lemon-Garlic Aioli are absolutely delicious and dipped in the cool, lemon-garlic aioli… they are the perfect summer party appetizer or side dish! They are the type of thing that disappear quickly, so make a lot if you are having friends over.
SHOP THE POST.
Try these with my Cajun-Inspired Blackened Red Snapper!
- 15 ounces fresh okra, remove the tops and slice lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo or Whole30 Compliant Mayo
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about the juice of one lemon)
- black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place sliced okra in a bowl. Combine the okra, avocado oil, cayenne pepper, sweet paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and kosher salt. Toss to coat.
- On a baking sheet topped with a wire rack, place the okra in rows (do not overcrowd or overlap, otherwise the okra will not crisp). Roast for for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a food processor, combine the mayo, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper and kosher salt. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, sprinkle with fresh paprika. Enjoy!