This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
All of the spice of delicious Cajun rice without the carbs! My Cajun Chicken and Cauli “Rice” definitely doesn’t skimp on flavor.
If you enjoy this Cajun Chicken and Cauli “Rice,” be sure to try my dirty cajun cauliflower “rice”!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower (or about 4 cups of riced cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Combine all your seasoning ingredients into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into smaller florets. Place florets into a food processor (you may need to do this in 2-3 batches). Pulse the food processor until the cauliflower turns into a "rice" looking texture. Set aside. OR, I love buying Trader Joe's frozen organic cauli rice to save a little time!
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper. Chop into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp. oil. Add your cubed chicken. Cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add your chopped white onion, garlic, jalapeño, diced tomatoes and sliced red/green bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add your riced cauliflower and the seasonings mixture. Saute for 4 more minutes.