Here is a recipe that has been around on the blog for a long time! It’s one of those recipes that make cauliflower rice really freaking awesome, and not just a soggy, bland mess. I just love cajun food because they use such big, bold seasonings that really put the wow factor on dishes. This easy weeknight meal does just that. Puts the WOW factor on boring cauliflower rice!
Dirty Cajun Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsp. ghee can sub butter if not paleo or whole 30
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell peppers (about 1/2 small pepper)
- 6 ounces fully cooked Andouille Sausage Links, cut into small 1/4 inch cubes I like Wellshire Farms brand
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne or more, to taste
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Combine all of the seasonings into a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the ghee. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and andouille sausage. Cook, stirring often, until the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the seasoning mixture and toss until well combined and continue to cook, stirring, toasting the spices to bring out more flavor, about 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the cauliflower rice and green onions and toss until well combined. Cook, stirring, until the cauliflower rice is just tender but not soggy, 4 to 5 more minutes.