This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Basil Green Goddess Dressing is seriously amazing.
Obviously, you can dress up your salad with this Basil Green Goddess Dressing but you can do so much more with it! I will be sharing more recipes using this dressing over the next few weeks so stay tuned!
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 cup safflower seed oil avocado or "light" olive oil works, too
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup chopped scallions white and green parts (6 to 7 scallions)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice 1-2 lemons
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk full fat I like to use Thai Kitchen Brand
- Place uncracked egg in a small bowl of hot water (like as hot as your kitchen sink will get) for 3 minutes.
- Remove from hot water and crack egg into a food processor or blender. Add 1/4 cup of the safflower oil.
- Blend until combined.
- Now, with the food processor running, very slowly drizzle the remaining 3/4 cup of safflower seed oil... at the end of this process it should look like mayonnaise.
- Now add the basil, scallions, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and process until just blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to mend and dressing will thicken a bit.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.