This Basil Green Goddess Dressing is seriously amazing. My favorite chef of all time, Ina Garten, makes this salad dressing and it’s always been a favorite of mine so I gave a mini Whole30 makeover and made it compliant by subbing in coconut milk for the sour cream! You can’t even tell a difference!
Obviously, you can dress up your salad with this Basil Green Goddess Dressing but you can do so much more with it! I will be sharing more recipes using this dressing over the next few weeks so stay tuned!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup safflower seed oil (avocado or "light" olive oil works, too)
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (6 to 7 scallions)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (full fat) I like to use Thai Kitchen Brand
- Place uncracked egg in a small bowl of hot water (like as hot as your kitchen sink will get) for 3 minutes.
- Remove from hot water and crack egg into a food processor or blender. Add 1/4 cup of the safflower oil.
- Blend until combined.
- Now, with the food processor running, very slowly drizzle the remaining 3/4 cup of safflower seed oil... at the end of this process it should look like mayonnaise.
- Now add the basil, scallions, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and process until just blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to mend and dressing will thicken a bit.