This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When entertaining during the holidays — or really anytime of year — easy apps are always a great option so you can focus on your guests and cooking the rest of your meal. So this Baked Feta with Olives, Soppressata and Thyme is a great, flavorful option.
Once baked, the feta is perfectly creamy and perfect to spread over the crunchy crostinis. Top each with the olive + soppressata mixture — which is seasoned with garlic, thyme and orange zest to brighten it all up — and your guests will be wowed with every bite of this Baked Feta with Olives, Soppressata and Thyme.
Looking for another holiday appetizer?
Baked Feta with Olives, Soppressata and Thyme
For the Baked Feta:
- 1 [7-ounce] block of feta
- ¾ cup diced hard soppressata or salami about ½ of a 6-ounce log
- 1 cup roughly chopped pitted mixed green olives
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Fresh cracked pepper
For the Crostini:
- 1 loaf French baguette
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the block of feta in the center of a medium-sized oven-safe baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the soppressata, olives, garlic, orange zest, thyme, olive oil and honey. Toss until just combined. Pour around and slightly over the block of feta. Top with a few cracks of black pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the French bread and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Transfer to the oven (on a different rack from the feta) and continue to bake until golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and turn the oven on ‘broil’. Broil, watching carefully, until the feta forms a golden crust around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Using a spoon, carefully toss the olives on the side and sprinkle with some fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve with the crostini and spoon/spread the feta onto each crostini, then top with some of the olive/sopressata mixture. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.