I finally got my girls to eat zucchini (happy dance)!! I should have known that turning it into Zucchini Fries would do the trick. But seriously, they loved them and so did I! Easy to make and oh-so-yummy, these are a great side dish or appetizer for any day of the week. I love serving them with marinara sauce (I always use Rao’s Marinara) for a tasty, Italian treat!
All you momma’s out there, try making these Zucchini Fries for your picky little eaters and let me know what they think! Fingers crossed they like them as much as mine do!
- 2 zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp. italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- parchment paper
- 1/2 cup Rao's Classic Marinara (for serving), or your favorite store bought marinara
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut the zucchini into small wedges.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, crack and whisk the egg.
- Using on hand, drop the zucchini into the egg wash until it is completely submerged and coated in egg, then drop it into the flour mixture and using your other hand (be sure to keep your hands separate for each task, this helps prevent the almond mix from turning into a big lumpy mess), now dredge the zucchini with the flour mixture until it is well coated.
- Place coated Zucchini on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Continue process until all are coated.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, flipping over halfway through the cooking time. When cooking time is complete, you may want to turn your oven on "broil" for just 1-2 minutes (watching carefully to prevent burning) to give the fries one last opportunity to really crisp up around the edges.
- Remove from oven and serve with storebought marinara sauce for dipping!