This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Tex-Mex loving Texan lives for a good Sunday Brunch Migas Platter. Migas is a traditional Mexican breakfast dish consisting of tortillas cut into thin strips and fried in a griddle until almost crispy, combined with a combination of peppers and onions and cheesy scrambled eggs. They are just to die for. And so is this Whole30 Migas Scramble.
So here is a very unauthentic version, but it gets some of the yummy flavors across without the use of tortillas or cheese. This is a Whole30 version, after all! This rendition of Migas is definitely one of my favorite things to make on a Sunday morning for my family! So, if you’re wanting something festive and fun for breakfast, try this one out! And served with a big cup of coffee, a side of salsa and avocado… you just can’t go wrong.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 white onion, diced small
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 8 eggs
- 1.5 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving
- favorite salsa, for serving (if desired)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ghee and let melt, swirl pan so ghee evenly coats the skillet.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Saute until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs in a large bowl and add 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast. Using a fork, whisk vigorously until the eggs are well combined and a little foam forms on the top.
- Add the chicken to the onion and pepper mixture, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Pour eggs into the skillet. Cook eggs over low heat, pushing the eggs to the center of the skillet with a rubber spatula occasionally, until the eggs are just cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and a wedge of lime with sliced avocado. Top with salsa of choice, if desired.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee for best results 🙂