This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A great and easy appetizer to serve is shrimp cocktail and, one would think it would be easy to serve this when you doing a Whole30 Challenge. Wrong! I can’t find store-bought, complaint cocktail sauce anywhere because, well, sugar is in everything! So here is my Whole30 Cocktail Sauce!
Sugar is also always in ketchup (unless you are using Tessamae’s), and ketchup is one of the main ingredients in cocktail sauce. I didn’t have any Tessamae’s ketchup on hand recently and just decided to make some Whole30 Cocktail Sauce based on basic, easy store-bought ingredients. It is so easy and delicious! A great thing to have in the fridge for snack time or a nice appetizer when hosting. No one will know its Whole30 because that sugar is SO unnecessary.
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 whole, peeled tomatoes from the can (no juice)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2.5 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 5-10 dashes of tabasco sauce (depending on your taste buds)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until tomatoes are pureed and all of the ingredients are well combined. You don't want to over blend and have it too smooth, you want a little bit of texture.
- Serve with pre-cooked and chilled shrimp and/or crab claws.