Coleslaw is a great, crisp side dish for all kinds of meals. And this Whole30 Mexican Coleslaw is perfect on the side of tacos or enchiladas for a cool, crisp side dish with Mexican spice. I hope you enjoy this Whole30 Mexican Coleslaw!
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. whole 30 approved mayo (we like to use homemade or primal kitchen brand)
- 3 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- a dash of black pepper, or to taste
- Combine shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and red onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayo, lime juice, cayenne, garlic, and salt. Whisk to combine. Pour over the cabbage, toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, ideally about 30 minutes prior to serving. (I wouldn’t refrigerate any longer than about 2 hours with the dressing on it, I prefer it a bit crisper and it gets soggy if you keep it in there too long. If you are making ahead of time, wait to put the dressing on.)