If you have not made my homemade Whole30 Approved Caesar Salad Dressing, you are seriously missing out!! It’s one of those things I make all of the dang time and it just never gets old! Plus, its 1000 times better than store-bought caesar… just saying. And it’s delicious in this Warm Brussels Sprout + Bacon Caesar Salad!
Two other things I just love are brussels sprouts and bacon, which is why I combined the three in this recipe here for the world’s best side dish. haha! seriously, its freaking good.
I will say, hand slicing the brussels sprouts takes like… forever!!!! But it is so worth it in the end. If you can find them store-bought already shredded, then yay for you!! I’ve tried pulsing them in a food processor, they get too mushy that way in my opinion. I’ve tried the mandolin method but was afraid I’d lose my fingers. So, if you have any tips on shredding brussels sprouts, please let me know in the comments below! I am looking for the ultimate solution to this problem and if I don’t find one soon, I may just have to invent some sort of brussels sprouts shredding machine and sell it like hotcakes! Enjoy this Warm Brussels Sprout + Bacon Caesar Salad!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 4 strips sugar-free, nitrate free bacon (I use Pederson Farms)
- 3-4 tbsp. Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove and discard the woody ends from the brussels sprouts. Now, carefully slice the brussels sprouts, lengthwise, into thin slices. Yes, this takes a long time but it's the best way I've found works (unless you can buy them already sliced at the grocery store!) Shredding them in a food processor just makes the mushy, in my opinion.
- Using kitchen scissors (or just a knife) cut the bacon into 1 inch chunks. Heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the bacon until it is cooked through.
- Using a wooden spoon, remove bacon from the skillet, leaving the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add the sliced brussels sprouts to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes, tossing so that all are coated in the yummy bacon fat.
- Place the warm brussels sprouts in a bowl with the bacon. Add desired amount of caesar salad dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!