We have all had and enjoyed a Waldorf Chicken Salad, delicious! But, what is easier than whipping up a good Tuna Salad thanks to canned tuna? There really isn’t much plus, its so reliable…always there waiting for you in your pantry on days that you have nothing in your fridge to eat. That is why we have recreated the traditional chicken salad into a delicious, easy tuna salad and well, it is delicious!
- Waldorf Tuna Salad2016-09-28 10:36:06Serves 3Write a reviewPrep Time15 minPrep Time15 minIngredients
- 3 (5oz) cans of tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion (1/4 of an onion)
- zest of about 1/2 a lemon (about 1 tsp. zest)
- the juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
- 4 tbsp. homemade mayo or Primal Kitchen
- 3/4 cup coarsley chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup diced celery (about 2 ribs)
- 1 medium apple, cubed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least for 1 hour before serving. This keeps well for about 5 days, and its even better the day after you make it!
The Defined Dish https://thedefineddish.com/
- Serving suggestion: stuff a pitted avocado with this tuna salad for an even more satisfying lunch.