Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with The Defined Dish’s views and that this post contains sponsored content for Honeysuckle White®. While I am compensated for the work I do, my opinions are always 100% my own.
This Turkey and White Bean Chili is hearty, healthy, simple to make and packed with flavor!!
Here is one of those simple weeknight dinners to make that the entire family will devour and everyone will leave the table satisfied. It’s so cozy and so easy to make. While it does need some time to simmer, the recipe is mostly hands-off and all made in one pot.
Ground turkey is definitely the star in this recipe, which is such a great, lean, high-protein staple that I love to incorporate in meals throughout the week. I also love to incorporate boneless turkey breast when possible as it is one of the leanest meats available with one of the highest amounts of protein (a 4-ounce serving contains 26 grams of protein, about 1 gram of fat and 0 grams of saturated fat!) — 12 percent MORE protein than the same serving size of boneless skinless chicken breast! When choosing turkey, I love Honeysuckle White® Lean Ground Turkey because of the high-quality product that they produce, raised without growth-promoting antibiotics by independent family farmers.
Without compromising quality and taste, turkey is such a versatile protein and Honeysuckle White® has a wide variety of products — ground turkey, meatballs, patties and breasts — to make your weekly meal planning easier and more exciting!
If you are like me and are looking to incorporate more turkey into your 2021 diet, definitely kick it off with this easy White Bean and Turkey Chili! It’s so perfect to make on Sunday and enjoy the leftovers throughout the week for lunch because the flavor just keeps getting better with time! Enjoy!
Turkey and White Bean Chili
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds Honeysuckle White Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 [4-ounce] cans mild diced green chiles undrained
- 2 [15-ounce] cans cannellini or great northern beans undrained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Shredded monterey jack cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Pickled jalapenos
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, and pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with the edge of a spoon into smaller pieces and the turkey is cooked through, or no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, chili powder, oregano, cayenne tossing until the spices are well combined with the meat. Cook, toasting the spices, for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the green chiles, beans, broth and bay leaves and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, lightly simmering, uncovered, and stirring occasionally to allow the flavors to meld and the chili to thicken, about 25 minutes.
- Ladle the chili into bowls and top with desired toppings! Enjoy!