This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Shrimp stir fry is just for the restaurants to make! Try this simple Spicy Shrimp + Soba Noodle Stir-Fry at home to bring the restaurant into your kitchen.
Spicy Shrimp + Soba Noodle Stir-Fry Ingredients:
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined, tail on jumbo shrimp
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup organic tamari (or substitute soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced (bulb and scallion, aka the white and green parts)
- 1 head of baby bok choy, end removed and cut into fourths
- 1 tbsp. organic cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. Soba Noodles (1/2 an 8 oz. package)
- Rinse and pat dry shrimp. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl or a large ziplock bag. Add in the sliced jalapenos.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together: the oil, the sliced garlic, the tamari (or sub soy sauce), honey, lime juice, and ginger.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp/jalapenos. Cover and let marinade for at least 15 minutes, but I like to place them in the fridge and let them marinade throughout the day if you prepped ahead of time.
- When ready to cook, bring a pot of water to boil (in order to cook your soba noodles). While waiting on it to bring to a boil…
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour shrimp and all marinade contents into the hot skillet. Cook until shrimp is almost cooked through– about 6 minutes, flipping the shrimps halfway through this cooking process.
- Now add in your green onions and baby bok choy. Saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low. In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and the chicken broth until well combined. Slowly pour and stir that into the shrimp skillet. Bring to a very low simmer (you may need your heat at medium-low depending on your stovetop), stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your soba noodles according to package instructions. Drain, then add to the shrimp stir fry after the shrimp stirfry sauce has thickened. Serve and enjoy!