Spicy Lamb Grilled “Pizzettas” (or small pizzas) are the perfect Friday night at home grilling recipe to spice up your weekend OR the perfect easy summer entertaining appetizer.
Here, I simply took store-bought naan bread (you can also use pita bread) and topped it with a delicious ricotta and mascarpone mixture, spicy ground lamb meat, and garnish with fresh herbs. These Spicy Lamb Grilled Pizzettas come together in less than 30 minutes for an oh-so easy, yet oh-so tasty bite!
SHOP MY FAVORITE GRILLING ITEMS HERE:
Spicy Lamb Grilled Pizzettas
For the Ground Lamb:
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
For the Pizzettas:
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 4 small storebought pita or naan breads
- ¼ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh dill fronds
Make the Spicy Ground Lamb:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the lamb, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper and cook the meat, breaking it up with the edge of a spoon, until no longer pink and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat and set aside.
Make the Pizzettas:
- Preheat grill over medium to medium-high heat (350- 400 degrees F) .
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the ricotta and mascarpone until well combined. Spread the ricotta mixture on top of each of the naan breads. Then, divide the lamb mixture evenly on top, and the red onions.
- When the grill is hot, oil the grill grates (to do this, dip a wadded paper towel in a little oil and, using tongs, wipe the oil evenly over the grate. Be careful not to use too much oil, because that's a sure fire way to start a good flare-up—a little goes a long way here.)
- Place the naan “pizzas” on top of the hot grill and cook until golden brown on the bottom and slightly crisp, 6 to 8 minutes depending on the sizes of your naan/pita bread. The lid should be closed throughout the cooking process.
- Carefully remove from the grill and top with the mint and dill. Serve and enjoy!