This Smoked Salmon and Blue Cheese Crostini appetizer is easy, elegant and one you just won’t be able to stop snacking on.
This crostini is inspired by a tapa that we had in Spain. It was from one of Clayton’s favorite spots and they served this bread that was smothered in blue cheese and toasted until the blue cheese was just melted—then topped with smoked salmon. Cut into pieces and served tapas-style! While we love it and still make it served on the bread on occasion, I have come to prefer this crostini rendition even more. It’s a bit lighter and perfect for hosting as everyone can grab a little bite or two…plus they are just beautiful — and so easy to make!
Now, I know a lot of folks turn up their noses to blue cheese…which is something I’ll never be able to understand because I personally love it! However, this blue cheese is not overpowering. I blend a combination of blue cheese with sour cream to round out the flavor a bit so that all of your guests will enjoy this lovely Smoked Salmon and Blue Cheese Crostini app!
Smoked Salmon and Blue Cheese Crostini
- 1 loaf French baguette
- olive oil
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- chives loosely chopped for serving
Prepare the Crostini:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the French bread and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Transfer to the oven and continue to bake until golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and set aside.
Make the Blue Cheese Spread:
- While the crostinis are baking, in your food processor, add the blue cheese, sour cream and lemon juice and blend until just smooth.
Assemble the Crostini:
- Spread about 1-2 tsp of the blue cheese spread onto each crostini. Top each with a small slice of salmon then sprinkle with the chives. Serve and enjoy!