This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Meet Sloppy Jane, Sloppy Joe’s super fit and sexy wife. HA! But seriously, a fun twist on the old classic, this dish is super filling and absolutely delicious!
Ground beef tossed in a delicious and savory sauce, stuffed in a lovely baked sweet potato, this Sloppy Jane dinner is so satisfying and one that the whole family will just love!
For another stuffed sweet potato recipe, try my Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic and saute until slightly tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon, until the meat is browned and cooked through (no longer pink), about 7 minutes more. Season with the salt and pepper while browning.
- Add the tomato paste, mustard, chili powder, and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook, stirring, until well combined.
- Pour in the coconut aminos and cook, stirring, until it has reduced.
- Remove from heat, cover and keep warm until the potatoes are finished cooking.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven and make a slit in the top of each sweet potato. Stuff with sloppy joe mixture, serve and enjoy!