Nourish your body from the inside out with this Simple Sriracha Salmon Protein Bowl. The foiled wrapped salmon is foolproof so no stress there! Just pick whatever vegetables your body is craving, throw them into your steamer and enjoy! You could even double this Simple Sriracha Salmon Protein Bowl recipe so that you have some to take to work over the next few days!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 6-8oz. Salmon Filets
- 2 sheets of foil (about 12 inch strips)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- sriracha, to taste
- montreal steak seasoning, to taste (or just use salt and pepper)
- 1 cup (uncooked) quinoa.
- 1 red bell pepper, stem/seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stem/seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay 1 sheet of foil on a cooking sheet. Place salmon filets on top. Drizzle with olive oil, then the tamari, then drizzle with a little sriracha to taste. Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Place foil sheet on top of the salmon and fold up the sides and to seal and make a little packet for the salmon to cook in.
3. Place the salmon in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. While its baking, prep the other items…
4. Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions (we like to throw ours in the rice cooker to make it easy). With about 15 minutes left of your salmon cooking time, place veggies in an electric steamer or steamer basket, steam veggies for 10-14 minutes, or until tender but not soggy.
5. Combine the cooked quinoa and steamed veggies. Divide amongst two bowls. Place salmon filet over the top. Drizzle with a little extra sriracha and tamari (optional) and serve immediately.