If you are a fan of Hillstone restaurants (R+D, Hillstone, and Honor Bar) you know that most of their restaurants have this incredible, yet simple Sesame Kale Salad! This is one of those menu items that I absolutely love! I wanted to give it a little makeover and make it in my own kitchen and also keep it Whole30 approved. I am really pleased with the way this Simple Sesame Kale Salad recipe turned out and I love that it pairs well with anything grilled or with any Asian-inspired dishes.
Sesame Kale Salad
Write a review
- 1 bunch green kale
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 cup roasted + salted cashews, loosely chopped
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove Kale from the stem and discard stems. Now, finely shred the kale so it is in fairly thin, shredded pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and coconut aminos. Pour dressing over the kale and, using your hands, massage the kale until the dressing has fully coated all of the kale. Continue to massage for 3 more minutes to really get the dressing in there.
- Top with the chopped roasted cashews and sesame seeds. Toss once more. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Defined Dish https://thedefineddish.com/
LakenAugust 23, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Made this salad for a work potluck.. i should have doubled it!! It was so so good, and the bowl was empty at the end ! thanks for the recipe!
AlexAugust 23, 2017 at 9:04 pm
Brittany WepplerAugust 22, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Brittany WepplerAugust 22, 2017 at 4:29 am
Oh my goodness… this was sooo good! We’ll be making this constantly! I’ve loved every single dish of yours that I’ve made. We actually had the salmon with brussels and bacon with the green dressing last night too 🙂
AlexAugust 22, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Oh, good! I am so glad!! I love that green goddess dressing!! I could drink it! haha!