It’s Taco Tuesday, folks! Let’s celebrate with these Shrimp Lettuce Cup Tacos with Pineapple Pico and Chipotle Lime Coleslaw!
I recently went to TJ’s Seafood and had their fish tacos in lettuce wraps and decided to recreate them for you in my own kitchen. I know its still winter and these tacos are rather summery, but its always a good time for a fish taco in my book.
This Shrimp Lettuce Cup Tacos with Pineapple Pico and Chipotle Lime Coleslaw recipe is SO fresh and absolutely delicious. They are also so easy to whip up so it really is a perfect weeknight meal. Enjoy!
- 1 cup diced tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato)
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. finely diced jalapeno (seeded)
- 1 heaping tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. Wild Caught Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder is fine)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp. Primal Kitchen's Chipotle Lime Mayo
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 6 bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Combine all of the pineapple pico de gallo ingredients in a bowl. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp and 2 tbsp. olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the spices and toss once more to coat evenly. Set aside for 10 mins to marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 1 tbsp. lime juice with the chipotle lime mayo. stir together until well combined and drizzle over the coleslaw. Toss to coat evenly and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Melt the ghee in the skillet, swirl skillet so it is coating the bottom evenly. Lay the shrimp down so that it is in a single layer and sear both sides until golden brown and shrimp is cooked through (about 3 minutes per side).
- Assemble your tacos: fill tacos with slaw, pineapple pico de gallo, shrimp, sliced avocado and garnish with cilantro.