Good Sautéed Mushrooms make a wonderful side dish for just about anything! My favorite ways to enjoy them is to serve them over a bun-less burger to elevate your burger or alongside a delicious filet mignon steak for a good, healthy, and Whole30 date night in!
I love how simple these Sautéed Mushrooms are to whip up and how delicious they are! Before I started eating Paleo/Whole30, I always included some butter in my mushrooms; however, I always use Ghee now. My absolute, hands-down favorite ghee flavor of all time is this Himalayan Pink Salt Ghee by Fourth and Heart Ghee. The subtle saltiness makes it taste more like traditional butter to me, and I really love it in my scrambled eggs for breakfast, too! If there is a Ghee to buy, this is THE ONE. I am obsessed.
The mushrooms couldn’t be more simple and they are certainly a staple in my household and I know you will enjoy them on top of or alongside all of the things! Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. ghee (I use Fourth&Heart Himalayan Pink Salt Ghee)
- 8oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and ghee, and heat until ghee is melted.
- Add the mushrooms and the garlic, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and season with a little salt and pepper and continue to saute for 3-4 more minutes, or until the broth has reduced by half.
- Add in the balsamic and the thyme (if using) and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!