This Sausage and Bell Pepper Skillet pretty much the easiest of easiest 5-Ingredient weeknight meals. Aside from the minimal ingredient list, the actual process of putting this together and getting it on the table is pretty much the easiest thing ever.
Find more of my 5-ingredient meals here.
Sausage and Bell Pepper Skillet
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced thin (I use one red and one green. But any are fine)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup store bought marinara
- 2 cups baby arugula, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cut sausages to the skillet and brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer brown sausages to a plate and set aside.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and onions to the skillet with some salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Pour in the marinara and stir to combine. Nestle the sausages into the sauce and let simmer to reheat the sausages, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve over a bed of arugula, enjoy!