This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Jazz up your street corn this Labor Day by brushing this Roasted Hatch Chile Aioli on top! Just grill your corn, brush the aioli on top, sprinkle with cotija cheese and freshly chopped cilantro, and serve with a wedge of lime! So good and very festive!
Side note: If you’re in the middle of a Whole30, corn is not allowed. You can serve this Roasted Hatch Chile Aioli with roasted sweet potato fries instead! Yum!
- 1 egg, (must be at room temperature)
- 1 cup safflower seed oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 roasted mild hatch green chiles
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- dash of cayenne (optional, only use if your hatch chiles aren't spicy enough for you!)
- If your egg is not at room temperture, place it in a cup of very warm water for at least 3 minutes. When it is at room temperature, crack into a food processor with 1/4 cup of the safflower seed oil. Blend until well combined.
- Now, with the food processor "on", VERY slowly pour the remaining 3/4 cup of safflower seed oil into the processor, when you are finished, you should have a mayo-like product. Set aside for a second while you prepare your hatch chiles.
- Peel the skin off of the roasted hatch chile, remove the stem and gently remove the seeds from inside the chile. Dice it up and add it into the food processor with the cumin, lime juice and kosher salt, to taste.
- Pulse the food processor until everything is blended, but you can still see a little bit of chunks of the green chiles. Taste, add a little cayenne if you think it needs it.
- Place in a container and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mend, check the expiration date on your eggs, your aioli will keep until that date!
- Brush onto grilled corn, sprinkle with cotija cheese and fresh chopped cilantro, and serve with a wedge of lime for a festive take on street corn!