I absolutely love pork and sage breakfast sausage, but it’s really tricky to find store-bought sausages that use clean ingredients and have no added sugars. I decided to take it upon myself to make my own Pork and Sage Breakfast Meatballs since I am in the middle of a Whole30 and really, really want breakfast sausage.
I’m also a big fan of leftover meatballs during my whole30 because they are the perfect grab and go protein pre or post-workout, or for when you just need a little something to snack on in the afternoon. I decided to make my sausage craving into an easy, portable, and baked meatball so that meal prep is easier than ever!
I loved having these Pork and Sage Breakfast Meatballs in my fridge all week for breakfasts and post-workout snacking. In fact, I think next week I will just go ahead and double the recipe because with Clayton and I, these did not last long enough! I think they’d also freeze well if you are batch cooking!
For more meatball recipes, check out my Meatball Round-Up!
Pork and Sage Baked Breakfast Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tsp fresh sage finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the meat mixture then, using your hands, roll meatballs into 2-inch size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Transfer the meatballs to the preheated oven and bake until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.