Here is a stupid-easy 5 ingredient treat that brings back all the nostalgic 90s cereal bar vibes back into play — Peanut Butter Cereal Bars!!
Using simple ingredients and spending minimal time in the kitchen, these delicious bars are perfect for an on-the-go snack or meal, a tasty breakfast bar, or a lovely treat alongside any meal!
Growing up, one of my friend’s mom’s used to make cereal bars like this (similar recipe here), and I loved it!! But, with my newfound love of Magic Spoon Cereal, I made my own high-protein, lower sugar rendition with these Peanut Butter Cereal Bars. If you haven’t yet tried Magic Spoon Cereal, it’s a great high protein, low carb cereal that tastes just as good as what you grew up eating! It’s honestly kind of stupid how good it tastes!! I love all of their flavors, but the peanut butter flavor is definitely at the top of my list!
I like to slice these into bars and keep them in my freezer. That way, they keep longer and are perfect for throwing in lunch boxes throughout the week or for after school snacks! Plus, they are even delicious frozen! 🙂
Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- 1 cup Honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup creamy, unsalted and unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 box Magic Spoon Peanut Butter Cereal *you can use my code DEFINEDDISH for $5 off the variety pack
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, peanut butter, avocado oil and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and smooth, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the peanut butter cereal in a large mixing bowl then pour in the peanut butter mixture. Carefully toss until the cereal is evenly coated in the mixture.
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the cereal bar mixture into the pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth so that it is in an even layer. Transfer to the fridge and let cool completely and harden, at least.1 hour before carving into squares.