This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’ve just gotta say it, I think I absolutely nailed this One-Pot Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese.
If you’re familiar with Flower Child, this recipe may look familiar! My family and I love all of their delicious menu items but their mac and cheese is truly out of this world. It’s perfectly creamy and just so delicious so I just had to attempt it myself at home. With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have this recipe ready in no time.
What You’ll Need:
- Brown Rice Fusilli (See Recipe Note)
- Vegetable Broth
- Whole Milk
- Aged White Cheddar
And while the flavor of this recipe is beyond, this recipe is also my favorite because it’s all made in one pot! Fewer dishes make every meal taste better, right?
In a deep skillet, you’ll start by sauteeing your garlic then add the pasta and vegetable broth and cook until the pasta is tender. Next, you’ll add your cheeses. I used a combination of white cheddar and parmesan here because first off, every good mac and cheese needs more than one type of cheese, and secondly, the white cheddar adds a great creaminess while the parmesan adds a nuttiness that I love. The combination is delicious and seriously tastes just like Flower Child’s!
Parents and kids alike will all love this One-Pot Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese! I cannot wait for you all to make this in your own kitchens.
One-Pot Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin in olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups fusilli pasta see note
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt more to taste
- 1 ½ cups freshly shredded aged white cheddar
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and vegetable broth. Stir to combine. Increase heat and bring the broth to a rapid simmer. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce to a light simmer and add the milk, butter, and salt. Stir to combine then continue to lightly simmer (about medium heat) uncovered, stirring often, until the pasta is tender and the liquid has started to thicken, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Continue stirring until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Taste and adjust salt to preference. Remove from heat and let the pasta sit, undisturbed, for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Food Photography and Styling by Eat Love Eats.