Have you all been to ALDI before? I have to say, I just started going there and my life is forever changed. They carry some really great health-conscious products for incredible prices and everything in this Loaded Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries recipe I was able to find in at my local ALDI.
This recipe for example: I used one of the one of the organic, non-gmo products from ALDI – Simply Nature Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef (yep, they carry organic grass-fed!) for the ground beef taco mixture. I also topped it all off with a “lime crema” that I made by using Simply Nature 100% Pure Avocado Oil and their Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs to make my Whole30 Homemade Mayo base and turn it into a simple crema. Topped it all over some roasted sweet potatoes and other delicious, fresh garnishes (like limes, radishes, jalapeños, tomatoes, onions and cilantro) for a satisfying and delicious weeknight dinner. ALDI also carries other products that I like to stock up on at a fantastic price point including ghee, organic coconut oil, organic apple cider vinegar, chia seeds, and a clean, compliant marinara sauce.
This dinner is such a comforting, filling Whole30 meal that comes together quickly and with little effort. I love the Mexican inspired spicy flavors over the sweet, roasted potatoes. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
If you’ve started your January Whole30 or kicked off the New Year with health goals and are already sick of eating salads, you should definitely give these hearty yet healthy Loaded Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries a try! And, if you’re wanting quality products that are more affordable to meet your 2019 health goals, I can’t encourage you all to try ALDI enough!
Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with The Defined Dish’s views and that this post contains sponsored content from ALDI. While I am compensated for the work I do, my opinions are always 100% my own.
- 1.5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch wide fries
- 2 tablespoons Simply Nature 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound Simply Nature Organic Grass Fed Beef
- 1 tablespoon Simply Nature 100% Pure Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Tapatio)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup Homemade Mayo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or 1 lime)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Roma tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, loosely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place fries on one of the prepared baking sheets and drizzle with avocado oil, kosher salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated then spread the coated fries in a single layer amongst the two baking sheets (using two baking sheet prevents the potatoes from steaming and allows them to crisp up better). Bake until the edges are crisp and the insides of the fries are tender, about 30 minutes, tossing half way through.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Add the beef, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. While cooking, season the beef with salt, pepper, chili powder, dried oregano, cumin and garlic powder.
- When the ground beef is cooked through, drain off excess fat.
- Return ground beef to the skillet. Add hot sauce and tomato paste and stir until incorporated into the beef. Add the beef broth and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth has reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- Combine all the "For the Lime Crema" ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, top sweet potato fries with the beef. Garnish with tomato, onion, avocado, jalapeno, radish and cilantro if using. Drizzle with Lime Crema. Serve and enjoy!
MY 2019 WHOLE 30-HALF WAY – Running On CleanJanuary 20, 2019 at 3:11 pm
[…] Loaded Sweet Potato Fries – The Defined Dish […]