If you’ve ever been to Fort Worth, Texas, odds are you have enjoyed a meal at the famous tex-mex establishment, Joe T. Garcias. It’s more or less THE essential spot to eat when visiting Fort Worth for it’s fantastic vibes, location near the stockyards, and food.
One thing that they serve to diners is their classic nachos. There isn’t much to them, but they are simply delicious. A tostada (or fried corn tortilla) smothered in melted cheese and topped with a jalapeno relish. My husband always asks them to add beans to our nachos (pro move) and we could just sit around and eat those nachos and drink their margaritas all night and be happy.
So here is to all of you Fort Worth lovers that might not live in Fort Worth anymore and want a little Joe T. Garcia’s love in your home!!! Serve these Joe T. Garcias Copy Cat Nachos for a gameday for extra fun!!!!
Joe T. Garcias Copy Cat Nachos
- 4 tortillas (I use Siete Foods Grain-Free Cassava Flour tortillas, but corn will work as well)
- non-stick cooking spray (I use avocado oil)
- Siete Sprouted Bean Dip (or canned refried beans)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (I use Tillamook brand)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños from a jar, drained and diced fine.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a large tray with parchment paper.
- Place tortillas on the prepared sheet and spray generously on both sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place on a middle rack in the preheated oven and bake until the tortillas are just crisp and golden brown on the edges, 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, spread the bean dip (or refried beans) evenly across the tostada. Then, sprinkle with the grated cheese. Place back in the oven and bake until the cheese has just melted, about 3 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the jalapeño relish. Serve and Enjoy!
EmOctober 25, 2022 at 12:15 am
So easy, so good!!
LaurenSeptember 14, 2022 at 3:08 pm
What are you using now that Siete isn’t making their bean dip?? 🙁
AlexSeptember 14, 2022 at 7:07 pm
They have delicious canned refried beans now that would work great here!
DanaSeptember 4, 2022 at 2:47 pm
The enchilada sauce is another one I have been dying to copy since I so far from the restaurant now….
Kim GrayJuly 2, 2022 at 1:46 am
Use extra sharp cheddar
ScottFebruary 16, 2022 at 5:20 pm
This brings back great memories, walking through the kitchen and the slanted floors and of course true Tex-Mix
KerriJanuary 3, 2022 at 12:45 am
Made these tonight! SO GOOD!!!!
Janelle BuchananJune 21, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Do they use cheddar or Monterrey Jack? Just curious. It seems like it not straight cheddar.
AlexJune 24, 2021 at 11:51 am
I am not sure what they use!
PJJune 13, 2022 at 5:22 pm
They use Cheddar