This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love using spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta. It is super healthy and low and calories and fat! I love roasting a large spaghetti squash at the beginning of the week and using in dishes throughout the week. I saute in oil for breakfast and season it with garlic salt and pepper for an alternative to hash browns. Use it under your favorite spaghetti sauce, and toss it into a stir fry to mock udon noodles! Many of you ask how to roast spaghetti squash and this is my favorite and the easiest and simplest way to roast spaghetti squash. Enjoy!
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, CAREFULLY, cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Lay on a baking sheet cut side up.
- Drizzle the flesh of the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until fork tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.
- Serve as desired!