This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I cannot get enough of this Hibachi Style Chicken with Magic Mustard Sauce and I know you will love it too.
Raise your hand if you celebrated your birthday at Benihana growing up every year. Oh, that was me. I LOVED Benihana. It’s so much fun to watch your food cook right in front of your eyes and enjoy it with your friends and family. Heck, I still dig it. I don’t think I will ever grow out of it! And this Hibachi Style Chicken with Magic Mustard Sauce recipe helps to satisfy that craving at home.
Their Mustard and Ginger sauces are really what makes my heart sing when I go there. YUM. I thought it would be fun to do a little Whole30 take on the Mustard Sauce (I am thinking I will try the Ginger Sauce up next with a Shrimp Stir Fry). The sauce is SO DANG GOOD I can’t get enough of it. I want to put it on all the things.
The mustard sauce with a quick and easy hibachi-style chicken stir fry, you’ll feel like you’ve got your own hibachi grill right in your home, with a little Whole30 twist! I just know you guys are going to LOVE this recipe!!! My husband and I devoured it in seconds! Enjoy!
Try this with my Ginger Scallion Cauliflower Rice!
Magic Mustard Sauce:
- 2 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 2 tbsp. warm water
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1/2 inch chunk of ginger peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
For the Stir Fry:
- 2 lbs. boneless skineless chicken thighs (trimmed, and cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1/2 white onion thinly sliced
- 8 baby bella mushrooms stems removed and cut into fourths
- 2 small zucchinis cut into thin, short strips
- 2 small carrots cut into thin, short strips
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. ghee sub butter if not Whole30
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- In a food processor or blender combine all of the magic mustard sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and when very hot (it should be just smoking), add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Spread the chicken in a single layer and cook until all sides are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, tossing occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through, use a slotted spoon to transfer onto a plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the ghee and melt. Then add the onions, carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally until just cooked and slightly tender (you don't want them too soft, I like a little crunch to mine still), about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the skillet with the sesame seeds. Stir and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with the Magic Mustard Sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography by Eat Love Eats.