Potato salad is an American classic, but it’s usually filled with mayonnaise and sugar. We took both of those ingredients out and made a fresher take on this classic dish — Herbed Potato Salad. Everyone devoured it at our party!! It was gone in minutes! We like to serve this with Beer Braised Bratwursts by the pool on a hot summer day, but it really goes great with ANYTHING!
Herbed Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 2.5 lbs. of baby new potatoes (about 20-25 potatoes)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (both the white and green parts)
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
1. In an electric steamer or in a steamer basket over the stove top, steam potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until tender when you pierce it with a fork, but NOT mushy. You want to make sure the center is cooked and not crunchy, but you don’t want them like mashed potatoes. (We highly recommend this electric steamer if you don’t already own it.)
2. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl mix together the herbs, olive oil, paprika, red wine vinegar, mustard, green onion. Set aside.
3. When potatoes are tender (but not mushy), slice them in half and place them in a large bowl.
4. Pour mustard mixture over the potatoes. Toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or up to overnight.
5. When ready to serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potato salad mixture in an oven safe dish. Cover with foil and bake until warm all the way through, about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.