Heirloom tomatoes are one of the best culinary tricks in my book. Literally, you don’t have to do anything fancy with them and BAM, they look freaking fancy. When I entertain, I love making some sort of side heirloom tomato salad to impress guests with all of the beautiful colors they provide and this Heirloom Tomato Salad with Herbs is close to perfect.
This salad is extremely simple to make and the combination of the beautiful heirloom tomatoes with all of the fresh herbs makes this look (and taste) restaurant quality. Might I add that this week (8/30-9/5) Heirloom Tomatoes are on sale for $2.99 lb at Whole Foods Market, so go and grab a big bag of them and make this gorgeous Heirloom Tomato Salad with Herbs for your Labor Day weekend festivities!
- 3 heirloom tomatoes (choose a variety of colors)
- 1/2 persain cucumber, sliced into thin half rounds
- 2 tbsp. good olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- garlic salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. small fresh basil leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to chill prior to serving.