Oh, casseroles. I just can’t quit you.
Cozy, filling, flavorful, delicious and easy. Those are all the words I like to describe a good casserole. You know, sometimes casseroles get a bad rep for how unhealthy they are and that they are just a big pile of slop. Well, slop or not… if they taste good I am *all about* a casserole — and I’m all about this Hatch Chile Enchilada Casserole.
This one is SUPER EASY, absolutely delicious and it just so happens to be Paleo compliant! As you’re mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl you may think to yourself… “errr… Alex? I don’t know about this one?” That’s ok. I was thinking the same thing to myself when making this Hatch Chile Enchilada Casserole. haha! But the flavors really came through and it was absolutely DELICIOUS! My husband, a casserole skeptic, even loved it.
So yeah. Get those aprons on and get to casserole cooking, my friends!
Hatch Chile Enchilada Bake
- 1 cup roasted hatch green chiles, diced *I use mild. You can use canned or fresh. (If you are using fresh roasted hatch chiles, make sure to peel the skin on the peppers.)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 10 oz Siete Cashew Queso Spicy Blanco
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 5 Siete cassava tortillas, halved and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the hatch green chiles, chicken, cashew queso, garlic, salsa verde, tortillas, salt and pepper. Stir to until just combined.
- Spray a loaf pan or small baking dish (mine is 7x6) with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the casserole mixture in an even layer across the dish. Drizzle the top of the casserole with the olive oil.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Top with cilantro and a drizzle of salsa verde. Enjoy!