Ground Turkey, Brussels and Arugula Bowl Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 lemon + 2 wedges of lemon for serving
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked pepper
- 2 heaping tbsp. of freshly chopped parsley
- a pinch of crushed red pepper (optional, or to taste)
- 2 cups of baby arugula
1. Preheat Oven to 400.
2. Rinse Brussels well in a colander. Cut woody ends off of the brussels then cut them in half lengthwise. Spread them evenly across a cooking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Once hot, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds to one minute being very careful not to burn.
4. Now add the ground turkey and let sear for about 1 minute, then turn heat down to medium to medium-low. Break up the meat in the pan and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat often. Cook until turkey is browned and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. While it is cooking, add the crushed red pepper, the salt and the pepper. Also add the zest of about 1/2 of the lemon and the juice of 1 lemon. When the meat is cooked through, add the fresh chopped parsley.
5. In 2 large bowls divide up evenly: the arugula on the bottom, top with the brussels sprouts, then finish it off with the ground turkey mixture. Serve with a wedge of lemon and extra chopped parsley if you like! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Ground Turkey, Brussels and Arugula Bowl!