This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One of my favorite things to eat at home (we eat it at least once a week) is Cedar Plank Salmon. It is a recipe my husband and his family make regularly that they have down to an art, it is so foolproof that even I can whip it up without error every time, and I am not much of a griller — that would be my hubby’s job. But I was able to tackle the grill for this Grilled Salmon Salad with Strawberry-Jalapeño Salsa!
Since we eat this dish so often, I love coming up with new marinades, sauces, salsa, toppings, ANYTHING, to make it new and different. I love the summery, fresh take on this dish, a new favorite for sure! Give this Grilled Salmon Salad with Strawberry-Jalapeño Salsa a try and see what you think. If you haven’t made cedar plank salmon at home yet, take a look at my step-by-step tutorial from this super old and one of our first blog posts! It is a classic!
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 (6-8oz) filets of salmon
- 1 Cedar Plank (optional, if you are grilling the salmon)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp. finely diced onion
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped basil
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped mint
- 1/4 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Combine all of the Strawberry Salsa ingredients together in a bowl, toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vineger, lemon juice, olive oil, and dijon mustard. Set aside until ready to serve the salad.
- Meanwhile, prepare your salmon to your liking. We like to grill ours on a Cedar Plank(I also sometimes Pan Sear my salmon if I don't feel like firing up the grill.)
- Place spinach in a bowl and drizzle with desired amount of salad dressing (you will have leftover dressing). Sprinkle with a little kosher salt and pepper, to taste, and toss once more. Divide amungst two bowls or plates. Sprinkle the spinach salad with a little goat cheese (optional) and serve alongside or underneath the Salmon Filet. Top with Strawberry Salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!